“It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.”
Life is lived by the decisions we make every day. At the very second you wake up, you make decisions that impact the life you will be walking that day.
Decision is defined as: “A choice that you make about something after thinking about it: the result of deciding”.
What power does a decision really have in your life?
Would you say your decisions are life changing?
What would your life be like if you just left the decisions to be made to that “whatever happens, will happen” mindset?
Even from the beginning of the creation of man in Genesis, we see God has given us the ability to make decisions for ourselves. Good, bad and even horrible decisions, mankind has been able to decide what his or her future would be like. Unfortunately, we find it easier to blame someone else rather than to assume responsibility when we do make the wrong decision. This also started in the beginning. Adam blamed Eve and today we still point the finger at one another. We find that God, government, parents, family, friends, spouses and even music make great escape goats, but truly they don’t. We blame our issues and shortcomings on whatever we can find except for the one that is the real culprit, which is ourselves. I have the power to make the life changing decisions for this day. I have the power to decide my destiny and not let it be decided for me. It seems like some feel that if they stay quiet and say nothing, then their silence will resound their innocence in whatever takes place; however, silence is a decision and we will have to answer for even that.
“A real decision is measured by the fact that you’ve taken a new action.
If there’s no action, you haven’t truly decided.”
That statement speaks strongest and loudest to what’s on my heart as I write this post. It’s time to decide what you want and then take ACTION! God did not create us to live by chance and suffer through circumstance. He has created you to THRIVE in this life you have been given. So stop taking what comes and create the life you dream about.
So where do I start? Glad you asked =)
1. God must be made first place in your life or nothing else will fit.
2. Take inventory on where you are and what you have.
3. Look for how to simplify and free your life of the unneeded baggage and stuff that has attached itself to you.
4. Start organizing your thoughts on paper.
5. Remove the negative things that have been coming from your mouth and put a check and balance system on them.
6. NOW besides #1 on this list, here is #2, READY? Start each day in the Word. You might say, “Well I’m not a believer”. I say it still does not change the fact that the Bible has sold more copies than any other book in history. It has been translated into more languages and changed more lives than any other book. If you consider yourself a person of common sense, then that would tell you there is something about this book and that it should be on everyone’s “must read list”.
This list could keep going…. I would love to hear what else you would add to it, so please feel free to share your comments below.
That’s it for NOW. But there will be more to come, so stay tuned!